The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duplicate emails - both Webmail and Outlook

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by simcom333, Nov 27, 2014.

1. simcom333

simcom333 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi

A client of mine ours experiencing very similar problems to those described on this thread: http://forums.cpanel.net/f43/duplicate-emails-68089.html

Unfortunately no solution was posted to that thread so I was wondering if anybody knew what it could be.

Our client uses Outlook 2013 and seems to be getting some emails duplicated on both Outlook and in Webmail (Roundcube). Some are duplicated multiple times with the same timestamp and same message ID.

Unfortunately our client is not particularly tech-savvy so it is difficult to work through his local Outlook settings with him remotely. However, the fact that I can see the duplicate emails on the server suggests to me that perhaps the problem doesn't lie with his Outlook connection like I first thought it might.

He has two email accounts (same domain) and both experience the problem. He doesn't have any forwarders or filters set up, and he doesn't use any sorting rules on Outlook apparently.

Any ideas? Many thanks.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Is the customer using IMAP with Outlook instead of POP3? Does the issue persist when temporarily using an alternate email client such as Thunderbird?

Thank you.

3. simcom333

simcom333 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Thanks for your reply. Just had a reply from our client with further information about their configuration.

They use IMAP because they want to have access to emails on their phone as well as Outlook. Apparently they do not get the duplicates appearing on the phone (just Webmail and Outlook). I will ask them to temporarily stop using Outlook to see whether this solves the problem.