The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duplicate Emails

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by selftrust, Feb 24, 2016.

1. selftrust

selftrust Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi!

We've had the same problem for the past two weeks. Especially with the replicating e-mails on the web mail. And this applies not only to the spam e-mails. We know how to solve the problems of the replicating e-mails in Outlook - we know what causes it, but we can't find a solution to the replicating e-mails on the web mail. Could this have anything to do with the fact that our provider started the procedures for allocating our website a "dedicated IP address" (as opposed to a shared one)?

Also, this problem is valid only for one of the active accounts, which is an e-mail address shared by two different people, on two different computers, both using POP / Microsoft Outlook.

Thank you!

Simona A.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Could you verify if there are any forwarders or filters that could be sending duplicate messages to the account? Have you reported this issue to your web hosting provider (Your access level is listed as "Website Owner")?

Thank you.

3. directsupport

directsupport Member

I'm experiencing the same exact problem. So far to test to see if it's my end i've tried the following:

1) Permission Fixer
    2) Mail configuration save
    3) Reset Exim back to defaults
    4) Restart both pop, imap
    5) Restart EXIM
    6) Reboot server.

Same problem.

Emails download again as if they havn't been flagged correctly on the server as received.

Happens in Webmail or Email clients both iPhone, Windows and Linux clients tested the same fault across multiple cPanel servers.

At first I thought it was just various Outlook clients but it's happening to clients with various versions and bands of email clients across all platforms so must be server originated fault.

Has been happening for the last 1-2 weeks.

4. directsupport

directsupport Member

If your customers use Outlook 2016 version 16.0.6568.2025 in POP3 mode with "[x] Leave a copy on the server" then this fault will happen and will look like it is other devices or the mail server itself playing up.

Microsoft has not released an update for this but has provided a couple of work arounds.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3145116

The timing with with the release of 11.54 is merely co-incidental.

Sorry cPanel

Hope this solves the current problem for others here.

5. selftrust

selftrust Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner

In fact, there is a forwarder from a gmail account to - Removed - thank you for reminding me this! :)

I will disable that one and let you know if it works. And yes, we have reported that to the web hosting provider and no action was taken.

Be right back! :)

Simona

#5 selftrust, Mar 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2016
  6. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I am happy to see you were able to determine the cause of the problem. Thank you for updating us with the outcome.