The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duplicate entries in php.ini after running easyapache

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by moxey, Jul 27, 2013.

1. moxey

moxey Member

The last several times I rebuilt PHP and Apache, a number of PHP errors suddenly appeared. I traced this down to duplicate entries in the php.ini. Specifically, the Unix and Windows sections for enabling the IonCube loader and suhosin.so were both active, which caused an error when the second one was encountered in the php.ini file. Commenting out the Windows entries fixed the problem. The question is: why does this error now occur? How do I stop this from happening? It sounds to me like there is an error in EasyApache regarding the update of the /usr/local/lib/php.ini file, but I don't see any recent posts about this issue.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

I have been unable to reproduce this issue on a test machine. Could you open a support ticket so we can take a closer look? You can open a ticket via:

Submit A Ticket

Please post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

3. moxey

moxey Member

Ticket number 4315571.

4. inthukha

inthukha Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I m sorry for another question regarding the php.ini file in this topic but it seems related with my problem.

as i aware that suhosin is not compiled with new PHP 5.4.17. but i can still see the following old entries of PHP 5.3.25 compiled suhosin in my php.ini file.

Should i remove these ?

5. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yes, you should manually remove the references to suhosin in the php.ini file. This is discussed on the following thread:

[Case 62804] PHP Suhosin Warning After Run Easyapache

Thank you.