The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duplicate HttpdConf.pm file

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by natix, Oct 3, 2006.

1. natix

natix Registered

I just ran /scripts/easyapache to get an updated version of HttpdConf.pm which fixes a bug in the way it interprets the Listen directive in httpd.conf.

The file was correctly downloaded and now resides at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/EasyApache/HttpdConf.pm, which is fine, but when I run cPanel, the bug which is supposed to be fixed by the previously mentionned update it still present. After some more trying, it turns out there is an older version of HttpdConf.pm that is located at /scripts/cPScript/EasyApache/HttpdConf.pm, which, I assume, gets called instead of the other file.

My question is, why are there 2 HttpdConf.pm files, and, since the one in /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/EasyApache/ is the only one to have been updated by /scripts/easyapache, why is the other one being executed? I'm tempted to just delete the /scripts/cPScript/EasyApache/ folder, but I'm afraid that'll make things worse.

Any idea?

2. designeru

designeru Well-Known Member

try renaming the un-needed file to file.backup, create a simlink (ln -s source destination) from the new file to the old file and test it. If anything goes wrong... you can get back to the working version in notime.

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Don't symlink them - you'll break things. cPanel uses two sets of perl module files, one for running script in /scripts and one for running scripts through the WHM UI. If the one in /scripts is out of date, try doing a:

/scripts/upcp

If that doesn't download a newer pm then they haven't released it yet for /scripts and you'll have to use the WHM UI to build apache.