Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Duplicate Mails

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by maverick23, Aug 12, 2005.

1. maverick23

maverick23 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi,

Since 2/3 days I have been facing very strange problem with the server. A mail from one particular Id for one ID is getting duplicated n number of time....

and after checking the logs what I see is that each time this mail is coming as a separate mail. each mail has different message Id(eg 1E3U10-0000y5-W7) but message ID of outlook/mail client remains the same.(eg BAY21-F1472928C630D1BD7ECCE62E2BC0@phx.gbl)

Is this has happened with any one before?

Pl. do let me know if there is a solution to it.... I currently have exim 4.50 running on the server.

Regards,
    Rajat

2. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

If each message has a different message ID, it is most likely that the mail client is sending the same message more than once.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

...and if it's the same ID then it's a problem with the email client. Most likely caused either by a poor internet connections or having the option to leave email on the server when using POP3.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...