The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duplicate mails

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by pravin, Sep 4, 2007.

1. pravin

pravin Member

Hello,

I am running Cpanel 11 with release version. From last two days I am facing a strange problem. The mails send to me are duplicating. I single mails comes 10 to 15 times to my mailbox. I am using maildir on the server. I am not sure if the recent perl update (5.8.8) has to do something with this, but I have updated perl on some other servers also & does not have any problem.

2. madaboutlinux

madaboutlinux Well-Known Member

Most probably the problem is of the email client you are using. When you login to email client, it starts downloading emails from the server. It checks the headers of the downloaded emails with the one on the server. If the headers are same, it do not download the email, if it isn't, it downloads. So if the email client is corrupt, it fails to match the headers and download the emails again.

Also check the emails from Webmail, if there are no multiple emails in webmail, remove the mail client and install it again.

3. pravin

pravin Member

Hello,

But I am receiving the duplicate mails everywhere, in outlook, webmail & also on my ticket board.

4. vanessa

vanessa Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    check /var/log/exim_mainlog for one of the emails that you got duplicates of, and see if there's anything unusual in there. It probably won't hurt to do an eximup just in case.

5. linux.newbie

linux.newbie Well-Known Member

Also check cpanel - forwarders