Hi, wondering if anyone could help me figure out a way I could run a local version of my server for testing? Right now I'm thinking about upgrading MySQL 5.7 to 8.0, but worried because there are so many old applications running on the server. I'm not concerned about the sites on the local testing server being accessable from the internet, only locally. The main questions are:
- Can I do this with a single license? or would I have to purchase a second license for the testing server?
- How sure can I be that the local changes would accurately reflect the changes on the main server?
- Is there a way to process the changes on the local server and upload the changes to the main server after everything is verified?
- Could I use some kind of cloud option rather than a local server that might be better?
- A bunch of other stuff that I'm probably not thinking about, but maybe you have a suggestion? lol