The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duplicate server!

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by dob3rman, Sep 11, 2008.

1. dob3rman

dob3rman Active Member

I have been looking around this forum for a while now, can't seem to find the answer i am looking for.

Basically I have a web server running (one server with mail / dns / web) on cpanel/whm. I just got another server and looking to backup my first server. I am looking to backup the first server in a way that if server 1 fail - server 2 can take over (it is called a "fail over" i believe). Server 2 already has its own cpanel/whm installed.

Now rsync seems to be the best solution for that. First step i need to be able to sync all important files for the two servers to be an exact duplicate.

Syncing files in /home dir will sync webpages.
    But what are the other folders that i should sync ??? (for accounts/ resellers/packages/dbs/quotas/....all).

Once i get my sync working and server 2 is a real copy of server 1 - then the second step will be for server 2 to take over when server 1 is down. But for now i am just looking at completely syncing server 1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

2. wolfy

wolfy Well-Known Member

3. rejected

rejected Well-Known Member

That first post worked! We built another one of those I dont want to talk about though :)