The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

During install problem....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mousewonders, Sep 27, 2005.

1. mousewonders

mousewonders Member

I have tried to install cpanel many times and I keep having this problem:

I wget ............
    sh latest

then It goes on as if it is going to install but when it come to reading package lists ... done
    9................x9....................11.............10...................X11.............12........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................x10.......................

After x10 just dots fillup the screen for hours!!! It doesnt seem to get past this part.....

Someone help please

Rick

2. pshepperd

pshepperd Well-Known Member

how about some log files?

Is the connection dropping?

How fast is the server?

What Flavor?

3. mousewonders

mousewonders Member

I'm using Debian. My server is a 2.8 GHz Dual Zeon Dell. 2gigs of Ram. The logs didnt show anything.

4. mousewonders

mousewonders Member

Cpanel sucks!

Ok I admit, Cpanel is one of the best control panels. But I have spent the last week trying to install cpanel without luck. Every install was a different problem.

So, I went to Plesk... downloaded the trial and installed it the first shot. (There was a bit of a problem with tomcat4) but the solution was well documented. (When it comes to troubleshooting cpanel... you are lucky to find a few sites.) and this forum is nuts... guess my 1250.00 wasnt wanted.

I do realize that this forum is filled with people just helping out. In my opinion, cpanel should offer more support to people trying to install the trial verison. (You would have got 1250.00 bucks from me if you would have)

I'm very disappointed with cpanel. (As are most in IRC rooms I turned to for help). Cpanel guys you need to pull your head out of your asses before your competitors eat you alive.

5. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Did you even contact cPanel through their support for help through their support channels (this forum is not one of them)? They're usually very quick and happy to help people installing under the 15 day trial license.