Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Dynamic cloud-server or dedicated-server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by srkn61, Feb 2, 2015.

1. srkn61

srkn61 Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    hello,

actually I am thinking about installing whm/cpanel on a dynamic cloud server with centos... Or should I use a dedicated server? What are the diffrences? Advantages and disadvantages?

thanks for your help...

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello :)

Could you elaborate on the type of cloud service you are referring to so we can provide more accurate feedback?

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. srkn61

srkn61 Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    when I say dynamic cloud server, I mean the virtualisation technique... My Server is not a dedicated server its a server runing ona virtual machine with own OS and root acces... So which is better on stability, security, performance, usability, installation?

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello srkn61,

A VPS machine will always be dependent on the host node for resources and can be impacted by traffic or resource usage from other VPS nodes (depending on the virtualization technique). A dedicated box would not have these limitations.

This does not mean that a VPS machine cannot be stable, secure and perform well. It's entirely dependent on the provider chosen and the server being used. Also, your budget and the number of websites / accounts you will be hosting will determine which is the best choice. cPanel can install onto any of the platforms listed on this page:

System Requirements | cPanel, Inc.

As long as you are using one of the "Supported Virtual Environments" listed there, you can have cPanel & WHM installed onto the machine in most instances.

If you have further questions to narrow down your requirements, please let us know.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...