The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dynamic domain/IP whitelisting problem....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by abubin, Mar 8, 2006.

1. abubin

abubin Well-Known Member

I have a dynamic IP which I need to whitelist. This IP uses a dial-up broadband which have 5 users. I want to add this into whitelisting into APF, surbl, exim and maybe spamassassin.

Since it is dynamic IP, my only solution is to allow a range of subnet or using dynamic domain. I have already registered a dynamic domain at no-ip.com.

How can I whitelist this range of users with 1 dynamic IP into my server (especially exim)?

Here is what I found out I need to add :

APF - allow_hosts.rules (have to add a range of IPs)

Exim Dictionary Attack by chirpy - add into "exim_deny_whitelist" (but not sure whether can add range of IPs or domain name or not)

exim rbl (http://www.webhostgear.com/index.php?art/id:175) - add the dynamicdomain.com into rblwhitelist

Guys..am I correct with the above?? Please correct me if you think I am doing it wrong. I am also using mailscanner and spamassassin.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

In all of them you should be able to use CIDR notation of the IP range to whitelist the IP address range.

3. abubin

abubin Well-Known Member

CIDR notation...hmmm..you mean something like 222.222.222.0/24?

What about using dynamic.domain.com? I would prefer that because it will open less security risk.