Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

dynamic domain/IP whitelisting problem....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by abubin, Mar 8, 2006.

1. abubin

abubin Well-Known Member

I have a dynamic IP which I need to whitelist. This IP uses a dial-up broadband which have 5 users. I want to add this into whitelisting into APF, surbl, exim and maybe spamassassin.

Since it is dynamic IP, my only solution is to allow a range of subnet or using dynamic domain. I have already registered a dynamic domain at no-ip.com.

How can I whitelist this range of users with 1 dynamic IP into my server (especially exim)?

Here is what I found out I need to add :

APF - allow_hosts.rules (have to add a range of IPs)

Exim Dictionary Attack by chirpy - add into "exim_deny_whitelist" (but not sure whether can add range of IPs or domain name or not)

exim rbl (http://www.webhostgear.com/index.php?art/id:175) - add the dynamicdomain.com into rblwhitelist

Guys..am I correct with the above?? Please correct me if you think I am doing it wrong. I am also using mailscanner and spamassassin.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

In all of them you should be able to use CIDR notation of the IP range to whitelist the IP address range.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. abubin

abubin Well-Known Member

CIDR notation...hmmm..you mean something like 222.222.222.0/24?

What about using dynamic.domain.com? I would prefer that because it will open less security risk.