The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e-commerce / shared cert best practice

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by verdon, Jan 31, 2004.

1. verdon

verdon Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi :)

I'm not looking for a step-by-step, just some general advice as to concept. As much as possible, I'd like to stick to the scripts available with WHM/cPanel and am just unsure of what my options are and my best approach would be.

I host a number of domains that are primarily in-house developments. My clients do not generally have access to cpanel. This administration is done by us. I'd like to set up an e-commerce solution where clients can (if they wish) use our SSL certificate, instead of purchasing thier own. They mostly don't care if the url switches from thier domain to ours at some point in the shopping/checkout process. Each client would of course require unique inventory, shipping, taxation, theme control, payment methods etc. All clients will most likely do off-line processing for credit-cards.

So, if my server is xyzhosting.com, I would like to setup secure.xyzhosting.com so that my customer hosteddomain.com can have e-commerce capabilities that at some point direct to secure.xyzhosting.com for secure checkout/transaction.

I'm not entirely sure if I described it well, but I hope you'll know what I mean ;) I guess it could be described as a mall that doesn't need a store directory or a big front door.

TIA for any advice

Ps. I haven't bought or installed a certificate yet.

WHM 8.5.4 cPanel 8.5.4-R72 RedHat 8.0 - WHM X v2.1.1