Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

e-commerce strategy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by verdon, Mar 9, 2004.

1. verdon

verdon Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi, hoping for some general tips...

I host a number of domains on a vds for development clients, some of whom want small e-commerce solutions. None of them care if the shopping cart's URL points to our in-house domain for the cart and checkout process. We want to offer the use of a shared certificate.

I have setup a sub-domain 'secure.mydomain.com' and have a certificate installed and working on that domain. I want to offer individual shopping carts for multiple users from this domain, each with unique logins and configuration.

I have spent some time trolling the forums here and it seems that Interchange is not likely what I'm looking for. I've tried a couple test installs with Agora and I don't think it's what I want. Will OScommerce do the job, or should I be looking at something else altogether?

Does anyone out there have any insight they would like to share? I would think that what I'm after must be a fairly typical scenario.

Thanks, :)

2. bamasbest

bamasbest Well-Known Member

You may want to checkout OscMall

http://www.systemsmanager.net/

I haven't used this product, but it seems to have the features that you are looking for.

3. verdon

verdon Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

I stumbled across this yesterday afternoon and will be reviewing it today or tonight. I will post my thoughts here when I have.

Rgds,