E-mail from cPanel ends up in Spam / SPF/DKIM/DMARC set

lameland

Registered
Feb 14, 2019
Bulgaria
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

I'm experiencing issues with sending mail to the major mail providers - Gmail, Office365, Yahoo, etc..

What have I done:

I have set SPF/DKIM/DMARC
I have red through the forums and stuff to see if I do have issues but ... I seem fine on the server side.

My IP is not blacklisted, checked on mxtoolbox. SPF is properly set

[removed due to use of real domain names]

The IP is clean as the same IP and domains were on the same server but installed with ISPConfig. Pretty much the same setup, new Control Panel. Also I ran all IPs on the server in MXToolBox to verity they are not in any blacklist. They come up clean.

When I send e-mail to Gmail, it says the message passed SPF/DKIM/DMARC though when I run the full headers in MXToolBOX Header Analyzer I get the following:

[removed]

The DMARC Compliant X mark is due to non assigned policy, which shouldn't be a problem. I have it this way on other servers without a problem. Tried to assign policy and this didn't resolve my issues.

[removed]

Tried whatever I could, I re-installed DKIM few times using:

/usr/local/cpanel/bin/dkim_keys_uninstall user
/usr/local/cpanel/bin/dkim_keys_install user

Found few post where that helped but does not help to me. Please assist as I'm really desperate already, I got no clue what would be the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

lameland

Registered
Feb 14, 2019
Bulgaria
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Moderators removed my test information.
Quick summary:

IP addresses on the server are not blacklisted
DMARC is set
DKIM is set and DKIM checks verify that
SPF is set
Gmail marks e-mails as spam even though it says that SPF/DKIM/DMARC PASSED

Though when I run the MXToolBox header analyzer for message sent from my cPanel server to Gmail, it states that the DKIM cannot verify signature.

As I said, I re-installed DKIM few times and it is enabled for both - Outgoing and Incoming.

keat63

Nov 20, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
How old is the domain/ server.
Do you have RDNS configured at your datacentre.
This is something has to be done by your server provider.

lameland

Registered
Feb 14, 2019
Bulgaria
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
rDNS is set properly, same host as the server hostname and mail server hostname.
All domains on the server are registered an for at least an year. Most of them are 5-10 years old.
I have added 2 of the old domains hosted on the server to the google postmaster but still no results in the dashboard. It states that there should be regular mail flow so they can provide more details. Nothing in the dashboard. I do not send newsletters, just registration and notification e-mails. Customers send e-mails to their customers / partners / friends etc...

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011

lameland

Registered
Feb 14, 2019
Bulgaria
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I have checked the article and it provides nothing more than I have set already.
I have sent them details on the issue and still waiting response - 1 week already. Mails still go to junk. The thing is that Office365, yahoo and other strict providers do forward my e-mails to junk as well. There is a server side problem that I just cannot find... All domains on this server used to sent e-mails properly before I installed the cpanel. Same IPs, same hostname and rDNS....

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello @lameland,

Can you open a support ticket so we can take a closer look at the system? You can post the ticket number here and I'll link this thread to it.

Thank you.