Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

e-mail help???

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by aufordboy, Jun 14, 2005.

1. aufordboy

aufordboy Member

I purchased my own server w/ WHM/cPanel to host my websites on to save me time & money, however now I have run into problems & need some help.... A few of my site's e-mails work fine however I am having problems with some of them in several different ways....I have been reading on the forums all day with little success so maybe somone can help me out.

First off: one of my domains I have an e-mail account setup & once I configure it I do not get any errors when I send/receive e-mail however I never actually receive my e-mail (I have sent the e-mail address mail from many places including my gmail account & several other e-mails on different servers & they DO NOT bounce back). I have also tried receiving the e-mail through web based clients (neomail & horde) but its not there! I have tried deleted the cpanel account & recreating it but nothing changed. From what little I know I think something is wrong in my MX chains???

My other problem: I have several websites that have a scipt that auto sends e-mails to me with debt consolidation leads from my sites. The script works fine on one of the sites but not on any of the others. I know I have the correct settings in the code & don't know what to do now. I do know that in WHM when I click on "manage mail queue" all the e-mails the script is trying to send are there. Below I have copied what I see from one of the mails that was unable to be sent. Any help is much appreciated.

154P Received: from mailnull by new.myhostingdomain.com with local (Exim 4.50)
    id 1Dhr5y-0005TV-De
    for nobody@new.myhostingdomain.com; Mon, 13 Jun 2005 10:43:04 -0500
    039 X-Failed-Recipients: rd@myemail.com
    031 Auto-Submitted: auto-generated
    062F From: Mail Delivery System <Mailer-Daemon@new.myhostingdomain.com>
    030T To: nobody@new.myhostingdomain.com
    059 Subject: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender
    051I Message-Id: <E1Dhr5y-0005TV-De@new.myhostingdomain.com>
    038 Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 10:43:04 -0500

1Dhr5y-0005TV-De-D
    This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
    recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

rd@myemail.com
    SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<rd@myemail.com>:
    host camotrucks.com [70.84.70.52]: 550-Verification failed for <nobody@new.myhostingsite.com>
    550-unrouteable mail domain "new.myhostingsite.com"
    550 Sender verify failed

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. nickb

nickb Well-Known Member

If the box WHM>>TWEAK SETTINGS>>STOP NOBODY FROM SENDING MAILS....is checked ..uncheck it
    Check dnsreport for problematic domain from dnsreport.com...try performaing mailtest from dnsstuff.com....and paste the errors.....
    Also check../var/log/exim_mainlog for error messages...and paste them here..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. aufordboy

aufordboy Member

Here is one of the errors I am receiving

WARNING: One or more of your mailservers is claiming to be a host other than what it really is (the SMTP greeting should be a 3-digit code, followed by a space or a dash, then the host name). This probably won't cause any harm, but is a technical violation of RFC821 4.3 (and RFC2821 4.3.1). Note that the hostname given in the SMTP greeting should have an A record pointing back to the same server.

mysitehere.com claims to be non-existent host new.myhostingsitehere.com:
    220-new.myhostingsitehere.com ESMTP Exim 4.50 #1 Tue, 14 Jun 2005 09:52:12 -0500 220-We do not authorize the use of this system to transport unsolicited, 220 and/or bulk e-mail.