Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

E-mail Loop ??

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by ChemicalWH, Sep 15, 2005.

1. ChemicalWH

ChemicalWH Active Member

Hey,

Tonight one of my customers send out a mailing to about 600 people. the next couple of hours he has been receiving up to 14.000 bounces, mostly saying the e-mail was refused because it was forwarded several times, some saying that the receivers e-mail box was full.

I suspect the e-mail has somehow been in a loop, where it just kept sending itself to the orriginal 600 receivers.

i just looked in the exim_mainlog, and only found notice that the actual original mail has been sent to each receiver one time, but right after the e-mail has been sent, the bounces started coming back..

It hasn't stopped since.

Does ANYONE have any idea what could have caused this? or where i could possibly find back what really happened? why is the actual e-mail sent to the receivers hundreds of times?

Side note: the customer did NOT use a mailing list.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ruud