E-mail Never Finishes Downloading?

tbutler

Feb 11, 2004
On MacOS mail (10.15 Catalina, but I've also noticed this on past releases), I've noticed that the client never finished downloading mail from my cPanel/WHM server. The mail will come in, but it will keep saying "Downloading Messages" (the Activity window, will show it downloading, say, "Message 12 of 12."). Because it gets stuck like this, I never receive notifications when messages come in -- unless the Internet goes down and then suddenly I get a rush of notifications for everything that came in recently. I've noticed this problem on multiple different computers, so it isn't something wrong with this particular computer -- it seems to be a server side issue.

Can you offer any suggestions? Thanks!

Last edited:

cPanelLauren

Technical Support Community Manager
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
I use the same - MacOS mail w/Catalina and I don't experience these issues with my cPanel mail, I have two accounts currently coming in. Have you used the connection doctor while polling for messages to see if there's any output/errors?

tbutler

Feb 11, 2004
I didn't see any errors. It's weird -- after I wrote this, it went away for the first time in a long time, but it happened again today. I restarted Mail and it went away for awhile, so we'll see if it comes back again. The mail does come in, it just never seems to think it is finished "downloading."

Reactions: cPanelLauren