The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E-mail piping without Cpanel

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Smitty109, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Smitty109

Smitty109 Registered

I have a question regarding e-mail piping and not using cpanel. The reason Ive posted this here is because every single place ive gone has said to set up forwarding through cpanel, but i do not own the product on my server. I currently have a open source help desk application Trellis..which requires tickets to be created through email piping. Does anyone know how to go about setting up forwarding on a server without having Cpanel installed?

2. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    How to do this is going to depend on the mail transport agent (MTA) in use, as well as exactly how that MTA is deployed on your server. The best resources would be either the support forum/knowledgebase of the help-desk application, or the documentation for the particular MTA in use on your server.

3. Smitty109

Smitty109 Registered

Thanks for the quick reply..Im currently using Exchange 2007 and after some quick research it appears there is no way to pipe to a url (or in this case the sources/pipe file). Im trying to figure out if i need to download some application to set up forwarding to the php file. (I'm using windows) or manually configure something. Any other help would be greatly appreciated.

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If you have a license for Exchange 2007, you should be able to contact Microsoft to ask them for alternative methods for this option. Any licensed copy of an MS product includes support for that product.