The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E-mail Problem, Since Moving to VPS.

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by JEDW, Feb 2, 2015.

1. JEDW

JEDW Registered

Feb 2, 2015
    cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner

I bought cPanel from BuyCpanel, as they use PayPal, a few days ago (reccomend by my hosting company as well). My hosting company installed it and everything, but now on top of nameservers not working, and having to buy an additional IP for nameservers and addon domains, my e-mails aren't working no matter what.

When I set up my e-mail client, it says that the e-mail settings I got from cPanel are wrong, well "Could not connect" or something similar to it. But I am using the right password and e-mail, and the details from the cPanel account.

My hosting company told me to go here, with the problem as it would be fixed better here.

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this? All I wish to do is get my website and e-mails works, and since moving to VPS, it's been a slow move.

Many Thanks,
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

I suggest resolving the DNS issues first by using the instructions from the following thread:

[Tutorial] Nameserver configuration on cPanel servers

This will help to ensure your mail server hostname resolves before attempting to access email from your mail client.

Thank you.