Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

E-Mail problems after recent update

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by ToddW, Apr 27, 2013.

1. ToddW

ToddW Well-Known Member

After the recent WHM/cPanel update e-mails are not getting delivered to addresses hosted REMOTELY, sent from the SERVER.

IE: If the WHM/CPANEL server hosts Domain.com and php sends e-mail from that account to name@Domain.com which is hosted with Google Apps the e-mail never arrives. (The name@Domain.com is NOT an e-mail on the server, as there are no e-mail accounts other than the default one.)

This was not a problem until the recent update.

I've checked the DNS and it's setup for REMOTE MAIL, so it should be routed off-server.

What else is there to look into / change ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. quietFinn

quietFinn Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Did you check /var/log/exim_mainlog ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ToddW

ToddW Well-Known Member

What specifically should I be concerned about in there regarding this problem?

I see that it does:
    2013-04-21 05:57:41 1UTtqI-0008O1-QO SMTP connection outbound 1366549086 1UTtqI-0008O1-QO
    And then:
    2013-04-21 05:57:41 1UTtqI-0008O1-QO ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.com [2a00:1450:400c:c03::1b] Network is unreachable

(Keep in mind I haven't changed the MX records)

Yet other instances it says COMPLETED.
    Yet the mail never arrives (inbox or spam).

I tested sending from this account to my own Google Apps e-mail, and received mail just fine.
    I sent to another Google Apps e-mail and it worked fine.
    (One of my test e-mails also has an account on this server as well.)

I should also note that DNS & MX is controlled by Godaddy, and has always been.

#3 ToddW, Apr 27, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
  4. ToddW

ToddW Well-Known Member

Anyone else?