The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e-mail problems

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by WORLD, Jun 9, 2005.

1. WORLD

WORLD Member

I am sure this is a problem with cPanel.
    Be nice to see others imput.

We have hosted all of our customers websites on a few different servers over the years, and only since we have been using cPanel have our customers, and myself been experiencing this email problem.

Now we have never had this problem before.
    We used to have our sites hosted at a hosting reseller who had cPanel, but recently changed locations and have our own dedicated servers with cPanel again, but like I said before using cPanel we never had this email issue.

The issue:)
    When someone sends me an email and I click reply I get an error saying the email could not be sent. But if I click in my address box or type them an email and add their email they get it. It's just when I reply to a person.

This happens to me th eodd time, and also is happening to a number of my customers????????

2. kris1351

kris1351 Well-Known Member

How would that be a Cpanel issue? Sounds like a problem with your PoP client putting in the correct address when you hit reply, or they hae a malformed address in the reply to: field of their email setup.

3. WORLD

WORLD Member

not sure

Not sure, it's just that in the past 7 years out of 10000000's of emails we sent we never had this issue, now in the past 8 months we have switch resellers because we thought it was an issue on their end, and they all used cPanel ... this is the only time we had and still have this problem.

The one reseller would say one sec, and do something then the email worked, so Im not sure, gotta get tis figured out, I have many customers who can not "reply" to the sender, but can send.

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Are they actually doing a POP of their mail account before sending the reply? The IP address will only remain valid for, IIRC, 30 minutes, afterwhich time they will need to POP their account before they will be able to send again. Alternatively, and probably best, would be to have them use SMTP AUTH instead of relying on POP before SMTP if that's what they're doing at present.