The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E-Mail Question(s) --- Don't laugh :-P

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by RareBritney, Feb 27, 2006.

1. RareBritney

RareBritney Registered

Hello! I am a newbie to this forum so thank you for the warm welcomes!! I have 2 questions about Cpanel E-mail.

1. I bought a domain and my friend and I are going to make a music fan site/store. I want us both to have e-mail at our domain name (example: Scottie@RareBritney.com). I have created e-mail accounts for both of us BUT I don't want him to be able to check my mail, or the mail of the MAIN account. Is there a way to check webmail without logging into Cpanel?

2. When I was setting up the e-mail, it told me that my main account was not setup so I filled a form out and it let me go into webmail. Now, I am not using my main account because it gave it a dorky name of RareBrit@RareBritney.com. Is there a way to change the main account name? I could delete Scottie@RareBritney.com (that I created) and change my main account to Scottie@RareBritney.com?

Any one with any kinda of input PLEASE reply to this post OR IM me! I would really appreciate it and would be willing to do something in return.

AIM: w101swb
    MSN: w101swb@hotmail.com

Thanks, Scottie

2. fwwebs

fwwebs Well-Known Member

1. Access webmail via http://domain.tld:2095 and login with user@domain.tld.

2. Your hosting company might do this as long as your not a reseller. It's hardly worth it though, just created the email address you like and use it.

3. RareBritney

RareBritney Registered

Thanks a LOT for the fast response!!!

4. surf chick

surf chick Active Member

1. You might also get access through http://www.example.com/webmail/ - I've seen a comment once that you need that last backslash but it works both with and without for me.

2. Your main account email might be your hosting account username@servername and if you can't change it yourself, you'll have to ask your hosting provider. But like fwwebs says, make a new account with the name you want is probably easier.