Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

E-Mail Question(s) --- Don't laugh :-P

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by RareBritney, Feb 27, 2006.

1. RareBritney

RareBritney Registered

Hello! I am a newbie to this forum so thank you for the warm welcomes!! I have 2 questions about Cpanel E-mail.

1. I bought a domain and my friend and I are going to make a music fan site/store. I want us both to have e-mail at our domain name (example: Scottie@RareBritney.com). I have created e-mail accounts for both of us BUT I don't want him to be able to check my mail, or the mail of the MAIN account. Is there a way to check webmail without logging into Cpanel?

2. When I was setting up the e-mail, it told me that my main account was not setup so I filled a form out and it let me go into webmail. Now, I am not using my main account because it gave it a dorky name of RareBrit@RareBritney.com. Is there a way to change the main account name? I could delete Scottie@RareBritney.com (that I created) and change my main account to Scottie@RareBritney.com?

Any one with any kinda of input PLEASE reply to this post OR IM me! I would really appreciate it and would be willing to do something in return.

AIM: w101swb
    MSN: w101swb@hotmail.com

Thanks, Scottie

2. fwwebs

fwwebs Well-Known Member

1. Access webmail via http://domain.tld:2095 and login with user@domain.tld.

2. Your hosting company might do this as long as your not a reseller. It's hardly worth it though, just created the email address you like and use it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. RareBritney

RareBritney Registered

Thanks a LOT for the fast response!!!

4. surf chick

surf chick Active Member

1. You might also get access through http://www.example.com/webmail/ - I've seen a comment once that you need that last backslash but it works both with and without for me.

2. Your main account email might be your hosting account username@servername and if you can't change it yourself, you'll have to ask your hosting provider. But like fwwebs says, make a new account with the name you want is probably easier.