The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E-mail routing using database?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by adamantinex, Jun 28, 2010.

1. adamantinex

adamantinex Registered

So I want to create this web app that allows users to send an email to clients (which can be associated to several emails) and allows clients to reply to e-mail which will automatically forward the email to the right people on my end. So for example, say I have a client named Gary Co.

For Gary Co. I have three clients' emails associated to it
    a@garyco.com, b@garyco.com, c@garyco.com

When any one of these people send an email to me through, say me@me.com

I want some kind of an intelligent forwarder that will forward that e-mail to several other people on my end. So, for example, if a@garyco.com sends an e-mail me@me.com, I want it to be forwarded to two people in my company, say x@me.com and y@me.com

But if another person from another company sends an email to me@me.com. Say dragon@dragon.com sends an email to me@me.com I want it to be forwarded to y@me.com and z@me.com

Ideally, I want to create a database which I can use as a lookup table to collect the emails which I need to forward to. However, I am not familiar with the email API which allows me to lookup a table and forward to those people only.

do you guys have any idea?

2. Ben12

Ben12 Registered

I think the easiest way to do this would be to have your email go to a PHP script via email piping. In the PHP it's just a simple query to find the correct recipients and send to them.

Let me know if you'd like me to explain anything further.