The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E-Mail SPAM Issue in CPanel

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Greg Durand, Aug 7, 2003.

1. Greg Durand

Greg Durand Member

Hello.

I have tried getting answers that suited my questions regarding SPAM issues in my CPanel E-mail settings. Anyway, I'll try a simple question regarding something I've tried out.

After failure in resolving major SPAM issues in my inbox using CPanel, I have enabled both the SPAM Assassin and the SPAM-Box.

Seeing as how the SPAM-Box is my last hope in resolving SPAM problems and managing SPAM, here is my question:

Does what goes in the 'spam' folder count towards my total webspace on my domain?

If you can answer this question, or find a confirmed solution to my problem altogether, please reply.

Thank you very much.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. scottc

scottc Well-Known Member

Yes it does. At least with the default cpanel setup it does - your webhost could be doing something different, I suppose.

If you ftp to your account and go through the mail/ directory you'll see all of your inboxes and spam boxes. They will all count against your disk quota.

If you need a way of emptying that spam box, search these forums or send me a pm. Someone here came up with a way to do that using a subdomain and a forwarder, and one of my clients used it successfully.

Scott

3. Greg Durand

Greg Durand Member

I have searched without any luck.

I have sent you a private message, scottc. I await your reply. Thanks.