Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

e-mail to username problem

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by onaweb, Aug 12, 2004.

1. onaweb

onaweb Well-Known Member

Hello,
    Is there is a way to blackhole all e-mail to a username? As an example lets say I have a username of "andy", if I login to horde, I see hundreds of e-mails to andy@hostname. No one checks there "main" e-mail, just the addresses they add so these are filling up with spam and Mailer-Daimens (from spam). I would like to just have it by default that all e-mail to their username is blackholed instead.

2. SarcNBit

SarcNBit Well-Known Member

Create a forwarder for 'andy@wherever' and direct it to :blackhole:

If you are trying to :blackhole: any email sent to a unassigned addresses, you can also configure cPanel to send that email to :blackhole:

If you are trying to keep email sent to unassigned addresses and simply delete mail sent to 'andy', then you will need to either setup a new account and define it as the default or use an existing account

#2 SarcNBit, Aug 12, 2004
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2004
  3. onaweb

onaweb Well-Known Member

I don't know how. The problem is that there is no way of deleting that e-mail address because it is the username (the main account) so even if you create a forwarder it will still fill up the mailbox. What would be better is if there is a way to not create a main account mailbox when you create a new account? I am not even sure why it is created, it serves no purpose and not one of my clients uses it.

Andy

4. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

You want to go to the default address setting and set that to ":blackhole:". That doesn't keep anything that isn't sent to a seperate POP account.

In WHM "tweak settings" set the "Default catch-all/default address" to blackhole.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...