The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EA 4.0 - PHP-FPM / fCGId

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by SeeBeen, Feb 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. SeeBeen

SeeBeen Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Long time WHM / cPanel user here.

I've been running a Dedicated server with WHM / CloudLinux that serves ~100 websites.

I'm currently on EA3 (Apache 2.4 Event MPM + mod_fcgid + PHP 5.6), but I'm considering migrating to EA4.

Since I have great performance with event MPM with mod_fcgid + suPHP I want to keep the same performance levels on EA4.

---

My questions to break my doubts about migrating to EA4 are:

Since EA4 supports PHP-FPM, which would be faster - mod_fcgid (experimental) or php-fpm?

I would like the fastest solution to run on php7.0, while keeping second fastest for websites that aren't php7 compatible.

---

Does EA4 support php-fpm profiles / user pools? I would like to set a base php-fpm config (tune it up myself) and then have that profile configured as a custom pool for each user.

To clarify: I have users mike, john, whitney

I want to define basic pool template to have ondemand handling of children, specific memory limits, etc, and I want that profile applied to all three users.
    Then I would want to edit mike and john to disable error logging and specific functions via php_admin_value directive in fpm.conf.

Can I do that by editing mike.conf, john.conf.

Basically, I would want cpanel to create a separate php-fpm pool for each user and then tweaking some pools by myself.

Also, will all php-fpm pools be using one php.ini

Since I would prefer to use mod_fcgid as a secondary solution, does that mean I don't need to install mod_proxy_fcgi, and just set handler to FCGI in multiphp manager?

Thank you in advance.

2. vacancy

vacancy Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I want to answer the last question you asked.

mod_proxy_fcgi is for php-fpm.

Mod_fcgid is used to execute the fastcgi process by itself. Mod_fcgid does not have multi php support.

3. Jcats

Jcats Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Yes it does, by default this is how it works by giving each user their own pool, the master process's config uses an include, and each domain has their own config. By default, cPanel controls the child process handling in the user's config.

They would use the default php.ini for the version of PHP, example:

/opt/cpanel/ea-php70/root/etc/php.ini

but you can modify each cPanel account's php.ini, as well as set the options in the PHP-FPM pool using the php_admin_value flag.

"EasyApache includes the mod_proxy_fcgi Apache module by default"

PHP Handlers - EasyApache 4 - cPanel Documentation

The handler would be irrelevant when using PHP-FPM, its controlled in a different spot:

- Removed -

This is how you choose the PHP handler, then if you want to enable PHP-FPM, the above becomes irrelevant:

- Removed -

#3 Jcats, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2017
  4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator