EA3 -> EA4 migration with some errors, is it safe to deploy?

Mar 12, 2009
Hello,

Finally I'm going to migrate from ea3 to ea4.
I got the following warnings at pre-flight check. Is it safe to go? Or do I need to install any modules or something? Thank you!

• Warning: “Cpanel::Easy::PHP5::MailHeaders” ignored since it does not have an RPM.
  • Warning: “Cpanel::Easy::PHP5::MagicQuotes” ignored since it does not have an RPM.
  • Warning: “Cpanel::Easy::Apache::SlowRestartPatch” ignored since it does not have an RPM.
  • Warning: “Cpanel::Easy::Apache::Fileprotect” ignored since it does not have an RPM.
  • Warning: Current profile has the following MPMs: ea-apache24-mod_mpm_prefork
  • Warning: Adding the missing package, ea-apache24-mod_suexec, to the EasyApache 4 profile.

Michael-Inet

Feb 20, 2014
Austin, TX, USA
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

Finally I'm going to migrate from ea3 to ea4.
I got the following warnings at pre-flight check. Is it safe to go? Or do I need to install any modules or something?
Hi zoltanpaszinger,

You most likely will have to install other modules/software. During our upgrades from EA3 to EA4, the conversion broke entirely on every EA3 server we had. We tried various fixes, but could never get a completed conversion, as things like PECL packages wouldn’t load.

Ultimately we had to resort to installing an EA4 profile from one of our other servers, built from scratch to run EA4, to bring any website on the original EA3 servers to a functional status under EA4.

All our servers are essentially the same, so this worked for us. I’ve attached the ea4 .json file we used in case anyone needs it.

Contains Apache 2.4, PHP 5.5, PHP 5.6, and PHP 7.0

Remove .txt to upload and modify as needed . . .

Best,
Michael

Attachments