Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

EA3 -> EA4 migration with some errors, is it safe to deploy?

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by zoltanpaszinger, Dec 21, 2018.

1. zoltanpaszinger

zoltanpaszinger Member

Hello,

Finally I'm going to migrate from ea3 to ea4.
    I got the following warnings at pre-flight check. Is it safe to go? Or do I need to install any modules or something? Thank you!

• Warning: “Cpanel::Easy::PHP5::MailHeaders” ignored since it does not have an RPM.
    • Warning: “Cpanel::Easy::PHP5::MagicQuotes” ignored since it does not have an RPM.
    • Warning: “Cpanel::Easy::Apache::SlowRestartPatch” ignored since it does not have an RPM.
    • Warning: “Cpanel::Easy::Apache::Fileprotect” ignored since it does not have an RPM.
    • Warning: Current profile has the following MPMs: ea-apache24-mod_mpm_prefork
    • Warning: Adding the missing package, ea-apache24-mod_suexec, to the EasyApache 4 profile.

2. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    These are non-fatal warnings

the ones I know
    MagicQuotes = depricted since php 5.3 ( php 5.3 not available for ea4)
    Fileprotect = moved to Tweak Settings

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Michael-Inet

Michael-Inet Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi zoltanpaszinger,

You most likely will have to install other modules/software. During our upgrades from EA3 to EA4, the conversion broke entirely on every EA3 server we had. We tried various fixes, but could never get a completed conversion, as things like PECL packages wouldn’t load.

Ultimately we had to resort to installing an EA4 profile from one of our other servers, built from scratch to run EA4, to bring any website on the original EA3 servers to a functional status under EA4.

All our servers are essentially the same, so this worked for us. I’ve attached the ea4 .json file we used in case anyone needs it.

Contains Apache 2.4, PHP 5.5, PHP 5.6, and PHP 7.0

Remove .txt to upload and modify as needed . . .

Best,
    Michael

Attached Files: