The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EA3 migration to EA4 not migrate VirtualHost customizations

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by capsx, Mar 31, 2016.

1. capsx

capsx Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello!

We migrated EA3->EA4
    Apache 2.2->2.4

After migration some vhosts are not working
    and
    we found that
    /usr/local/apache/conf/userdata/std/2_2
    is not copied to
    /etc/apache2/conf.d/userdata/std/2_4

kinda #weird ... :)

2. cPJacob

cPJacob cPanel Product Owner
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Hi,

This is correct, and on purpose. If we were to transfer include files, with the new system paths, there are no ways for us to properly guarantee that those includes are working and don't conflict with the new platform.

eg: If you have '/usr/local/apache/conf/userdata/std/2_4/user/domain.tld/include.conf' that has 'Include /usr/local/apache/conf/includes/my_personal_include.conf' in it, it's really hard for us to ensure these configurations work on the new platform without going in and manually adjusting those includes, which could cause further issues if it messes one up.

At this time, includes need to be manually transferred.

I hope this helps!

3. rclemings

rclemings Member

Is this mentioned in the EA4 documentation anywhere? If so I haven't been able to find it.

Seems to be that the fact that a manual migration is required ought to be mentioned here at least:

How to Install or Uninstall EasyApache 4 - EasyApache 4 - cPanel Documentation

The new locations for the include files are mentioned here but not the fact that they must be migrated manually:

Introduction to EasyApache 4 - EasyApache 4 - cPanel Documentation

Finally I don't see any EA4 version of this page, which explains how to use include files:

Modify Virtualhost Containers With Include Files - EasyApache - cPanel Documentation

I'm using an include file for access control (via the Apache mod_auth_form module) and was more than a little surprised to discover that everything was wide open after the EA3 to EA4 upgrade. Fortunately I was able to roll it back with no problems, but still ...

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The following document is now updated to provide users with information about existing issues with EasyApache 4:

Current Status of EasyApache 4 - EasyApache 4 - cPanel Documentation

It includes a reference to the migration of Apache user data includes from EasyApache 3.

Thank you.