deanstev

Jun 10, 2004
Does anyone know what this means?
Code:
-- Begin opt 'Experimental GZIP' --
    -- Begin dryrun test 'Checking for Apache 1' --
    dryrun test 'Checking for Apache 1' did not return true

!! Dry run failed for 'Cpanel::Easy::ModGzip' skipping option !!

deanstev

Jun 10, 2004
Ok I've managed to get EA3 running, and it compiles Apache 2.2.6 and PHP 5.2.4

How can I install Mod_Gzip?

C

cPanelBilly

Mod_Gzip only works with Apache1 You want to use Mod_deflate which is currently not available in EA3 however this has been brought to the developers attention as missing.

deanstev

Jun 10, 2004
Ahhh OK - so we have to wait for an update? Why does Apache 2 present the option then?

Also, I've noticed that since I have updated, my SSL certificate sites aren't working..

https://www.386media.com

deanstev

Jun 10, 2004
OK ..

I've restarted the webserver... still the same error.

I can't issue a ticket as it's a VPS, and the license isnt from cP direct.

Anyone any ideas?

C

cPanelBilly

Mod_Gzip only works with Apache1 You want to use Mod_deflate which is currently not available in EA3 however this has been brought to the developers attention as missing.
Actually I was mistaken about Mod_deflate not being available yet. It is under the Advanced Configuration -> Apache Built-in Modules -> Deflate

deanstev

Jun 10, 2004
I've fixed it myself now :)

Ok, I'll take a look at the mod_deflate thing - how come EA3 still gives the option for mod_gzip if it's not available for AP2.2

C

cPanelBilly

I've fixed it myself now :)

Ok, I'll take a look at the mod_deflate thing - how come EA3 still gives the option for mod_gzip if it's not available for AP2.2
It was an oversight. The developers already know about it and I believe a patch is about to be passed over to QA to verify. It should all be fixed tonight.