The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EA3 to 4 migration fails on Apache version problems

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by Ian.H, Mar 29, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Ian.H

Ian.H Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi all..

Decided to try and migrate from EA3 to 4 as after running PHP7 on various Debian servers at home, I want to upgrade my public server to PHP7 too. However, this hasn't happened due to an Apache version conflict:

Code:
    Update Error: Error: ea-apache24-mod_mpm_prefork conflicts with ea-apache24-mod_mpm_worker-2.4.18-5.1.x86_64 Error: ea-apache24-mod_cgid conflicts with ea-apache24-mod_mpm_prefork-2.4.18-5.1.x86_64 Error: ea-apache24-mod_mpm_worker conflicts with ea-apache24-mod_mpm_prefork-2.4.18-5.1.x86_64
    This is running on a CentOS 6 box.

I can obviously see _what's_ happening, but anyone know why and how to resolve this easily using the cPanel toolset?

TIA for any info / help on this :)

Cheers..

Ian

2. cPJacob

cPJacob cPanel Product Owner
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Hi,

Are you attempting to migrate a converted EA3 profile? The error states that the MPM it wants to install isn't allowed because it's conflicting with mod_cgi(d). In your profile, ensure that if you have mpm_prefork, you are including mod_cgi, and if you are using a threaded MPM (worker/event), you are using mod_cgid. Once you get those squared away, you should be able to convert using that profile.

If you still have issues, please feel free to open a ticket, and throw my name into the subject, I'll see it and hop on it.

Thanks!