The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EA4 affecting mime content-type on some sites

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by Satalink, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Satalink

Satalink Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I recently migrated to EA4 and am behind the efforts 100%! Unfortunately, I had to revert back to EA3 as the PHP select feature was affecting some our the sites on the server. Fortunately, this is a brand new server that doesn't have many accounts on it yet. So here's the details (best I can recall)..

With EA4, there was one account with a Drupal 7 install that was affected. I literally spent the entire night (until 6am) trouble shooting it. This site was serving the index.php as a download for Chrome, FF, and IE. After doing some digging around I found that it had to do with the mime types... Content Type: application/php-56-apache <-(shooting from memory). All of the rest of the sites had the standard Content Type: text/html and worked fine.

2. cPJacob

cPJacob cPanel Product Owner
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Hi,

Thanks for the update. I'm going to do some testing on this and see if I find any problems. Do you happen to know if this was a vanilla, fresh installation? Was the account restored from another server? I ask, because if the htaccess file had an Apache PHP handler that Apache didn't understand, it would fail in the manner you saw. Also, the type you specified does look like an EA4 type ( 'AddType application/x-httpd-ea-php56 .php' ), so I'm curious that there was a misconfiguration somewhere. All in all, I'd love to work with you and see if we can figure out where this occurred so we can try to account for that in our migration scripts. If you would like to try it out on your time schedule, please open a support ticket using the link in my signature, with the subject "RE: Jacob Perkins" and we'll get it setup and going.

Thanks for trying it out and your feedback! I look forward to getting this improved for you