EA4 Apache Config -> PHP and SuEXEC not working

Spork Schivago

Jan 21, 2016
corning, ny
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

I have EA4 installed. However, when I go to Apache Configuration and then select PHP and suEXEC Configuration, I receive the following message:

Code:
The EasyApache4 Technology Preview needs to be configured via command-line tools. The WHM user interface does not currently support this Technology Preview.
I've searched the threads and seen some other people had this error message but I didn't see any fixes. I reran /scripts/migrate_ea3_to_ea4 --run --force

That didn't seem to help at all. Originally, I changed my umask settings but have them back as the defaults. I'm wondering if it's a permission issue somewhere. Any suggestions? Thanks!

brianjking

Sep 15, 2009
Chicago, IL
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Hello,

I have EA4 installed. However, when I go to Apache Configuration and then select PHP and suEXEC Configuration, I receive the following message:

Code:
The EasyApache4 Technology Preview needs to be configured via command-line tools. The WHM user interface does not currently support this Technology Preview.
I've searched the threads and seen some other people had this error message but I didn't see any fixes. I reran /scripts/migrate_ea3_to_ea4 --run --force

That didn't seem to help at all. Originally, I changed my umask settings but have them back as the defaults. I'm wondering if it's a permission issue somewhere. Any suggestions? Thanks!

screenshot8-9-1612.45.png

Reactions: Spork Schivago

Spork Schivago

Jan 21, 2016
corning, ny
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,

We have case CPANEL-7540 open to hide this. Thanks for the report!
Thank you! I will keep an eye open on the changelog file to see if there's any CPANEL-7540 listed. Once CPANEL-7540 is implemented, will we have an option to hide it or will it be completely removed? The message that is displayed is a bit misleading. It implies, at least to me, there's some script I'm supposed to execute from the command line before I can use that feature.

Spork Schivago

Jan 21, 2016
corning, ny
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I figured it out. I have mpm-itk compiled into Apache. I was thinking of switching to suPHP but just read that mpm-itk provides the security of suexec and suphp with much greater performance than either of those solutions, so I think I'll stick with mpm-itk and drop suPHP.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Once CPANEL-7540 is implemented, will we have an option to hide it or will it be completely removed? The message that is displayed is a bit misleading. It implies, at least to me, there's some script I'm supposed to execute from the command line before I can use that feature.
Hello,

This case ensures the option is not displayed in Web Host Manager when EasyApache 4 is enabled (per the existence of the /etc/cpanel/ea4/is_ea4 file).

Thank you.