The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EA4 Breaks Everything?

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by Reado, Jul 14, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Reado

Reado Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Apparently EA4 is now stable. Is it meant to be?

The DSO option does not appear even after removing all but one PHP version (v5.6) so I can either run PHP as CGI or "none".

Under Service Configuration > Configure PHP and suEXEC, a message appears telling me:

"The EasyApache4 Technology Preview needs to be configured via command-line tools. The WHM user interface does not currently support this Technology Preview."

The EA4 UI is very weird in comparison to the EA3 UI. For example, when I migrate to EA4, rather than showing what is actually installed, it automatically adds other PHP versions and additional extensions/options to the mix, which funnily enough breaks all my PHP scripts. By migrate, shouldn't it simply switch to the new UI and give me the option of what I want to add rather than just installing anything?

The EA4 UI is so slow too! It takes ages to get into the UI in the first place and then right at the end it seems to hang for ages on the review stage. Why?

2. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

What version of cPanel & WHM are you testing against?

On my 58.0.3 server, once converted to EasyApache 4, I no longer have the "Configure PHP and suEXEC". Perhaps you need to do a forced refresh of the WHM UI?

Also, in the WHM EA4 UI, you should see a link labeled View Packages. Clicking that link shows you all the packages currently installed. Or are you talking about a different interface?

3. Reado

Reado Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I'm also using 58.0.3.

I did try accessing WHM in another browser with the cache cleared but the option for PHP/suEXEC is still there. Just to confirm, it's accessible under Service Configuration > Apache Configuration > PHP and suEXEC Configuration, even though the nav bar says Service Configuration > PHP and suEXEC.

Using the View Packages link shows me PHP 5.4, 5.5 and 5.6 as being installed, which is obviously not what the last EA3 installation had. I can of course remove them, but it's more work surely?

Any reason why the UI is so slow initially and at the review stage?

4. cPJacob

cPJacob cPanel Product Owner
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Hi,

The UI is slow because there's a ton of work that Yum has to do in the background to ensure packages are in a non-conflicting state.

If you're on v58, you should *NOT* be seeing the PHP configure page, I think this is a regression. If you want to configure PHP via EA4, you can do so via WHM -> MultiPHP Manager.

The entire point of EA4 is to provide Multiple PHP Versions. If you don't want them, you are more than welcome to remove them. 9/10 systems will use multiple PHP versions, which is why we install them.