Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOLVED EA4 Migration Fails, So Does Apache 2.4 Build

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by gu3miles, Aug 28, 2017.

1. gu3miles

gu3miles Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello All,

I'm trying to upgrade from Apache 2.2 to 2.4. I've had a problem for a long time now. My 2.4 builds fail. When I try the EasyApache 3 Migration to 4, I always get an error.

So I am stuck on 2.2 and EA3. I'm assuming these problems are related.

I tried a few months ago and totally destroyed my system with the EasyApache 3 updater, had to reload from a backup. So I'm pretty scared about the whole process.

I've tried a few different builds for 2.4, obviously just the default, but others as well. I'm running CentOS 6.9, cpanel 66.

I'm not sure exactly what error logs you need, I've downloaded a few, this is I think the important error:

The “/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd” command (process 21763) reported error number 1 when it ended.
    Configuration problem detected on line 1 of file /usr/local/apache/conf/includes/pre_main_global.conf: Invalid command 'AcceptMutex', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

--- /usr/local/apache/conf/includes/pre_main_global.conf ---
    1 ===> AcceptMutex posixsem <===

And when I try to build Apache 2.4:

The “/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd” command (process 16363) reported error number 1 when it ended.
    Configuration problem detected on line 1 of file /usr/local/apache/conf/includes/pre_main_global.conf: Invalid command 'AcceptMutex', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
    1 ===> AcceptMutex posixsem <===

Thanks!

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Per the Apache 2.4 documentation:

Code:
    Directives AcceptMutex, LockFile, RewriteLock, SSLMutex, SSLStaplingMutex, and WatchdogMutexPath have been replaced with a single Mutex directive. You will need to evaluate any use of these removed directives in your 2.2 configuration to determine if they can just be deleted or will need to be replaced using Mutex.
    Thus, you will need to edit the /usr/local/apache/conf/includes/pre_main_global.conf file on this system and remove any entries related to the "AcceptMutex" directive to ensure the update succeeds.

Thank you.

3. gu3miles

gu3miles Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    My hero! Such a simple fix, it worked, I'm running apache 2.4. I thought that EA3 would have auto-changed that file but whatever, I'm glad it's working :)

cPanelMichael likes this.