Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EA4 Migration to enable MySQLi extension

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by carolainn, Feb 28, 2018.

1. carolainn

carolainn Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I need mysqli on my VPS Server.
    Although I upgraded the php/Apache version, phpinfo shows the author of the MySQLi, but it does not appear to be enabled.
    I edited the phpini with WHM and added extension=mysql.so, but it did not work either.
    I tried to enable MySQLi in WHM with EasyApache 3 but in the Exhaustive Options List, the MySQL improved extension is NOT listed.
    So, I figure that migrating to EasyApache4 would solved the problem, but because I'm a rookie doing this and don't want to make a mess, I need help.
    1) Would migrating to EA4 solved my issue?
    2) Would migrating to EA4 be safe with this pre-flight warnings?

Pre-flight check result.
    Cpanel Migrate Blocker (Cpanel)
    Cpanel evaluates known issues such as network connectivity

• Warning: EasyApache 4 does not support the requested Apache version, v2.2. The system will upgrade you to v2.4.
    • Warning: “Cpanel::Easy::PHP5::MailHeaders” ignored since it does not have an RPM.
    • Warning: “Cpanel::Easy::Apache::SlowRestartPatch” ignored since it does not have an RPM.
    • Warning: “Cpanel::Easy::Apache::Fileprotect” ignored since it does not have an RPM.
    • Warning: “Cpanel::Easy::Apache::Access” ignored since it does not have an RPM.
    • Warning: Current profile has the following MPMs: ea-apache24-mod_mpm_prefork
    • Warning: Adding the missing package, ea-apache24-mod_suexec, to the EasyApache 4 profile.
    Thank you so much.
    Carol.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    carolainn likes this.
  3. carolainn

carolainn Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    So, when I wanted to update to EA4 I got the messagge:

Error: yum is too old for ea4 (it does not support the --assumeno flag), please update yum (yum update -y yum) and try again.

Then tried to update yum:

yum update -y yum

But didn't worked out.
    So, after searching for answers here, I found this thread that helped me: SOLVED - Yum is too old for ea4 - EasyApache 4 Upgrade Fails

This did the magic:

cd /etc/yum.repos.d
    mv CentOS-Base.repo CentOS-Base.repo.backup
    cp -a CentOS-Base.repo.rpmnew CentOS-Base.repo
    yum clean all

Now I have some other issues, but that's on a new thread! Thank you so much!

cPanelMichael likes this.