Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

EA4 php7.3 install causing session issues

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by kwdamp, Apr 1, 2019.

1. kwdamp

kwdamp Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Wanted to get php 7.3 installed before rolling out a new site this week. Did the usual upgrade/install through EA4 and the multiphp setup.

Install went fine, things seemed to be running well, then realized session variables won't store correctly in php.

Looking at the php error logs I'm getting a Permission denied (13) in /var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php73

Is this a bug? Or a mistake I made along the way? Had a more seasoned sys admin take a quick look and he can't see anything missing either.

(Rolling back to php7.2 things run fine)

Server is running CentOS 7.6 and WHM 78.0.18

2. kwdamp

kwdamp Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Well, now it looks like this isn't just a php7.3 problem. After working all day, I'm now getting the error on the php7.2 accounts randomly.

The other change we made was moving from MPM_prefork to MPM_event. And http2 initiated. Could this be the cause? Any other ideas?

#2 kwdamp, Apr 1, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  3. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @kwdamp

It looks like you've got ticket ID 11827887 open for this issue in which the issue is still being looked into and is awaiting your response. I'll follow that ticket and update this thread with the outcome.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @kwdamp

I just checked in on this ticket and found that you were able to identify that the issue was related specifically to a caching issue, it didn't elaborate on how you were able to resolve it, if you're able to please let us know how you resolved it so that it might help others in the future.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...