Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EA4 provisioned/updated profile now Blank WHM & Sites not working

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by curios, Sep 26, 2017.

1. curios

curios Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Greetings,

A few weeks/months ago I migrated my Godaddy Cpanel VPS from EA3 to EA4, and once the migration was completed, I edited the migrated template/profile to remove php55.

Server has been running with Apache 2.4 and php56 and for these past weeks/months it seems to trigger more warnings than when it was on EA3 Apache 2.2 (1GB mem)

A few hours ago, looking at the profiles for EA4 noticed there was one that was identified as being the default cpanel profile (that supported multiple sites) php55/56/7 etc.

I selected that profile, and ran system update and that is when the chaos started :)

After the process ended my websites stopped working and the error log displayed memory errors. Rebooted the server and then WHM wouldn't start, after some time I was able to login only to receive a blank page.

DNS works, email works, just the sites are down and I have a very high memory use, which apparently it is what is preventing WHM from working correctly as well.

Any suggestions to get this server back on track. I will eventually move to a 2GB server, but would like to correct this one now.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Do you know the date that you updated to the new EasyApache 4 profile? If so, you can use a command like this to see which RPMs (e.g. a specific MPM, Ruid2) were erased when you switched profiles:

Code:
    grep Erased /var/log/yum.log|grep "Sep 13"
    Replace "Sep 13" with the date that you switched to the default EA4 profile, and the output should give you a better idea of which RPMs were previously installed. Once you have that information, you can customize the existing EasyApache 4 profile to install the previously removed RPMs.

Thank you.

3. curios

curios Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thank you Michael.

The profile I selected a few hours ago was "All PHP Options + ZendGuard" which was obviously a mistake. Just got a new 2GB CPanel server setup so I was able to see exactly what I selected in the older server.

Since you mentioned the yum log and the keyword "customize" It occurred to me that if there was a way to use EasyApache via shell I would then be able to select a more basic profile.

Via Google found this page:
    How to manage Apache with Easyapache 4 on the command line? - YogSays - Technical Tips - Blogging

and while looking in /etc/cpanel/ea4/profiles I noticed there was a custom folder that contained the migrated EA3 to EA4 profile.
    Therefore I tried to provision my custom profile but it failed due to lack of memory, so I stopped httpd then run the process to install the custom profile again, and this time it was able to run, remove all the extras and place me back where I started.

In case the site above disappears in the future, below is the command I used (except I referenced my custom migration profile).
    Code:
    #/usr/local/bin/ea_install_profile --install /etc/cpanel/ea4/profiles/cpanel/default.json
    Rebooted the server and everything is back as it was, WHM is working and all the sites are working as well.
    Definitely glad there is a shell way of doing things.

Thanks again for taking the time.

cPanelMichael likes this.