Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOLVED ea4.strace 17GB file?

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by slinky, Jan 9, 2017.

1. slinky

slinky Well-Known Member

After upgrading to EA4 and then deciding to downgrade to try to use http/2 I've noticed an ea4.strace file in my root that is 17G in size and filling up my root partition. Can I delete this file?

2. slinky

slinky Well-Known Member

Perhaps this is the answer and that the file may be safe to delete. I already downloaded it as a backup and deleted it. Had to - 99% full!

Troubleshoot WHM/cPanel with Strace

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Yes, it's safe to remove strace log output files. Did you open a support ticket with us, or with your provider/system administrator before this file appeared? It's possible the file was leftover during troubleshooting, as the EasyApache 4 conversion process itself shouldn't generate such a file.

Thank you.

4. slinky

slinky Well-Known Member

Yes - I opened a ticket but not before the file appeared. It was for the conversion to ea4 not working properly. After installation I realized I needed to revert. Not sure if this file appeared before or after the reversion. Thanks for responding to me here. Hope this helps someone else and avoids a support ticket too, lol.

cPanelMichael likes this.