The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EA4 Stuck on Loading packages

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by ashneetg, Sep 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ashneetg

ashneetg Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Whenever I go into EA4 and try to edit any of the profiles, I just get the spinning Loading packages … screen and it does not move at all.

There is a similar thread on this earlier where user was asked to run yum clean all and their solution was NOT to use Microsoft Edge, however in my case I am using Chrome and have also tried FF, IE, and Edge.

System is fully up to date with WHM 58.0 (build 28). Really not sure what to do.

Also note, once I was able to get beyond the loading package screen, but could not finalize any changes to the profile. I have NOT been able to re-produce this.

Any thoughts?

2. NixTree

NixTree Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Two things I would ask you to check

1. Check if yum is working. EA4 is fully based on yum and it wont be working if yum is having any issue. So just see if yum update is working fine.

If not you might need to fix it which can be either a firewall issue or resolution issue.

try the below fixes

1. Check /etc/resolv.conf and replace the entries with the below ones

nameserver 8.8.8.8
    nameserver 8.8.4.4

2. If still not working, then please disable the firewall and confirm that no rules is on at the moment using iptables command

Sample out put after disabling the firewall fully
    ----------------------------------------------------

# iptables -L -n
    Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
    target prot opt source destination

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

3. cPJacob

cPJacob cPanel Product Owner
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Hi,

We found a bug in v58, that we're fixing in case EA-5257. You can try this to see if it works:
    Code:
    --- a/Cpanel/PackMan/Sys.pm
    +++ b/Cpanel/PackMan/Sys.pm
    @@ -125,7 +125,7 @@ sub _call_python_json {
         }
         my $result_hr;
    -    eval { $result_hr = Cpanel::JSON::Load( ( split( m{\nJSON_OUTPUT_HEADER\n}, $run->stdout() ) )[1] ); };
    +    eval { $result_hr = Cpanel::JSON::Load( ( split( /JSON_OUTPUT_HEADER\n/, $run->stdout() ) )[-1] ); };
         if ($@) {
             logger->debug( "Failed to read JSON output from $path: $@: " . substr( $run->stdout(), 0, 256 ) );
             return;
    There is a small '\n' in front of JSON_OUTPUT_HEADER, that causes the EA4 UI to fail if yum output is blank. Can you try to adjust this and see if that helps? You can also throw in a ticket and we can get this tested as well.

Thanks!