Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

eAccelerator - 500 internal server error

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by talkto_menow, Sep 30, 2010.

1. talkto_menow

talkto_menow Registered

I searched for answers to my problems, unfortunately to say at least most of the solutions are confusing for me. I do not have a experience fixing this sort of thing. I would really appreciate answers that would explain step-by-step what should I do to fix this problem.

My website (Joomla) stopped working suddenly. It shows 500 internal server error. After digging through error log I found these entries:

PHP Warning: [eAccelerator] Can not create shared memory area in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Fatal error: Unable to start eAccelerator module in Unknown on line 0

As I understand eAccelearator is responsible for this, it's cache is filled and some defaults values were changed. I looked in cPanel for the way to clear cache and make setting's changes, but I do not have permissions to do so and I do not have access to eAccelarator folder. Person who owns the server is willing to help out, unless I provide detailed instructions how to go about fixing it.

Thank you