The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Easiest way to do this

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AffectWeb, Apr 27, 2012.

1. AffectWeb

AffectWeb Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This is want to do

I currently have a subdomain within a cPanel account. subdomain.domain.com which I had to edit the apache files because I have an EV SSL with the subdomain, and the primary domain. Since WHM doesnt allow 2 different SSL certificates on the same account, I had to make the subdomain have its own dedicated IP by forcing it in DNS Zones.

What I want to do now is separate the subdomain, and create a new cpanel account for it. I currently have data in the databases, and data in the web space. The data is very valuable, and downtime is not an option since many users are logged into it every second of everyday.

Please help :confused:

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

I suggest creating a new account with a temporary domain name. Then, move all the data from the subdomain over to the new account via FTP or SSH (whichever you prefer). Once you have confirmed all of the data is moved from the subdomain to the new account, you can delete the subdomain from cPanel. Then, simply modify the temporary domain name to the subdomain via:

"WHM >> Account Functions >> Modify an Account"

Thank you.