The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Easy Apache fails everytime now

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by synik4l, Feb 28, 2012.

1. synik4l

synik4l Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Hey guys. I have a VPS over at vpslink. And have had it running fine for a week now. And I wanted to redo my easyapache build with GD...so that I have it for a stats software im trying to run.

Well i've built multiple times in the past...not on this install. But this time I built the first time. And now when i try to run the build no matter what the built package, i get this error. I get this even on the basic build package that says if your previous build fails try this one.

If you need whats above it let me know but i dont think you should need it...the rest of above it is just it checking for the install packages. which are all already there. and then all the memory info/system stats

i've look around everywhere on google and I cant find anyone who's had this problem. If i cant figure it out I guess ill just have to reinstall cpanel. But id rather ask you guys first and see if anyone had any incite on this. Thanks ahead of time.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Have you tried forcing a cPanel update? You might start there, upcp is a lot like reloading cPanel only it takes a lot less time. ;)

3. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The error in question normally occurs when the /scripts directory is missing the /scripts/enablefileprotect file. Oftentimes, this will be seen when most of the /scripts directory is missing and /scripts didn't get symlinked to /usr/local/cpanel/scripts properly:

The best course of action is to do the following:

Code:
    mv /scripts /scripts.bak120229
    ln -s /usr/local/cpanel/scripts /scripts
    Then re-run a forced cPanel update to ensure all scripts are there in /usr/local/cpanel/scripts location:

Code:
    /scripts/upcp --force

4. synik4l

synik4l Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Awesome thanks, that was the problem. Ran that commands and sure enough. builds perfectly. Thanks again