The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Easy Apache v4 Ready for Prime Time?

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by blipper, Jan 30, 2016.

1. blipper

blipper Member

I just upgraded one of my servers to cpanel 54.0 build 8. I was going to run the tool to migrate fro Easy Apache 3 to version 4 (/scripts/migrate_ea3_to_ea4 --run) - is this really a beta version?

I was getting ready to do this and I saw this:
    Code:
    This action[B] installs a Beta release [/B]of EasyApache4 for cPanel & WHM version 54. By continuing, you agree that you understand the following information:
      - Most features of cPanel & WHM are operational.
      - This Beta release includes most of EasyApache‘s planned base features.
      - The features and functionality in this release may change.
      - We will quickly address severe or critical issues only.
      - Security bounties are not available.

- While the system runs the migration script, some of cPanel & WHM’s features may not operate.
      - Wait for the system to complete the script before you attempt any other actions on your server.
    For a complete list of EasyApache’s current limitations, visit the following link: [URL='http://go.cpanel.net/EA4Status']Current Status of EasyApache 4 - EasyApache 4 - cPanel Documentation[/URL]
      - Do you wish to continue?
    Is this really a beta version? Safe to install or no? This is on a production server.

#1 blipper, Jan 30, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2016
  2. cPJacob

cPJacob cPanel Product Owner
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Hi!

I've personally been running EA4 for about 9 months without any major issues. Internally we run cpanel.com on an EA4 system and a couple of others, and a lot of customers have already upgraded their systems since 52. It's been made a lot easier to get to EA4 in 54 as well.

The migration process does a great job converting your EA3 profile to EA4, but the final settings may need a but of fine tuning. Other than that, it's smooth sailing after. We're still adding features and fixing compatability with some areas.

Check out our documentation here:
    Confluence Mobile - cPanel Documentation

There's also a current status page, and that will give you a higher overview of what we're working on.

Confluence Mobile - cPanel Documentation

I don't think you'll have much issue upgrading. If you do, you can easily revert. Also, let us know how it goes!

3. NovemberRain

NovemberRain Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have just tried upgrading to ea4 and most of the sites on the servers stopped responding with internal server errors.

4. cPJacob

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    What were the errors you got? As stated, most systems will need a bit of configurations to fully match back up to EA3 status.

5. HostSEO LLC

HostSEO LLC Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    cPanel latest version having some problem with database user transfer? Have issues to use "Transfer Tool" to shift my accounts from Old server to New server. Not a single database user is transferring!

6. cPJacob

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Hi,

I'd recommend opening a new ticket or a new thread. This thread is specifically about EA4.

Thanks!