The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

easy cpanel skin wrapping

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tkoweb, Sep 20, 2003.

1. tkoweb

tkoweb Active Member

All this time I was wondering what an easy way would be to do up my cpanel skins.. It just now occured to me that <cpanel include="/home/username/public_html/blah.htm"> does the job right. Now my skin is actively editable and fully integratable into my site design with no extra effort.

Is this how you guys have been doing it all along?

To think I was editing all those files in the frontend directory, tracing a nightmare of files to change one word or add one icon.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. mickeymouse

mickeymouse Well-Known Member

Dear tkoweb,

Thanks for the information.I have been editing files in the frontend directiry as well.Also, it is better to change
    <cpanel
    include=\"/home/username/public_html/blah.htm\">
    instead of editing the main configuration files.

Regards,

3. Stefaans

Stefaans Well-Known Member

Until about a month ago, we had our cPanel theme set up as a normal hosting account. A simlink /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/ourtheme -> /home/ourtheme/public_html was all that was needed to make it available as a cPanel theme.

But our set up somehow stopped working on all our servers about a month ago after a cPanel update. We then decided to move everything into /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend. Updates is still reasonable simple because we use SFTP to connect to that directory directly.

4. tkoweb

tkoweb Active Member

I ran into this at one point..

You can still do it the way you used to do it, just copy the theme into a new theme, and chattr +i that theme folder after creating the symlink and pointing header and footer information to your own home folder.

5. Stefaans

Stefaans Well-Known Member

That's good news. I will try it again some time. Right now, uploading to frontend via SFTP is working quite OK. Thanks for the advice.