Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EasyApache 3 update stalled

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by Venomous21, May 1, 2018.

1. Venomous21

Venomous21 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

My EA3 update from (3.36.3 to 3.36.4) has been stuck for the past two hours on this part according to the output log which I've tried to refresh...

Build complete.
    Don't forget to run 'make test'.
    -- End step 'make php for apache and cli' --

-- Begin step 'make install php for apache and cli' --
    Installing PHP SAPI module: apache2handler
    /usr/local/apache/build/instdso.sh SH_LIBTOOL='/usr/local/apache/build/libtool' libphp5.la /usr/local/apache/modules
    /usr/local/apache/build/libtool --mode=install install libphp5.la /usr/local/apache/modules/
    libtool: install: install .libs/libphp5.so /usr/local/apache/modules/libphp5.so
    libtool: install: install .libs/libphp5.lai /usr/local/apache/modules/libphp5.la
    libtool: install: warning: remember to run `libtool --finish /home/cpeasyapache/src/php-5.6.36/libs'
    chmod 755 /usr/local/apache/modules/libphp5.so

According to current running system processes, this is still running:

23176 (syscmdrc) /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/524/bin/perl /home/cpeasyapache/src/php-5.6.36 /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/perl /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/syscmdrc 1525223240.30532 make install
    23177 (make) /usr/bin/make /home/cpeasyapache/src/php-5.6.36 make install
    23242 (sh) /bin/bash /home/cpeasyapache/src/php-5.6.36 /bin/sh -c /home/cpeasyapache/src/php-5.6.36/build/shtool mkdir -p '/usr/local/apache/modules' && /home/cpeasyapache/src/php-5.6.36/build/shtool mkdir -p '/usr/local/apache/conf' && /usr/local/apache/bin/apxs -S LIBEXECDIR='/usr/local/apache/modules' -S SYSCONFDIR='/usr/local/apache/conf' -i -a -n php5 libphp5.la
    23367 (apxs) /usr/bin/perl /home/cpeasyapache/src/php-5.6.36 /usr/bin/perl -w /usr/local/apache/bin/apxs -S LIBEXECDIR=/usr/local/apache/modules -S SYSCONFDIR=/usr/local/apache/conf -i -a -n php5 libphp5.la

28092 (easyapache.pl) /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/524/bin/perl /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/perl /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/easyapache.pl

30532 ([bg /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/524/bin/perl /home/cpeasyapache/src/php-5.6.36 [bg installer] /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/easyapache.pl

How should I end this failed build attempt and start the rebuild?? Is it possible to roll back the changes?

Thanks...

2. Venomous21

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If I kill these 6 processes, will apache continue to function (as it is now) or will it fail if I try to restart the service manually or if the service crashes?

Should I kill these 6 processes and try restarting the build? Would it be better to attempt this at command line? If so, how? Looking to keep same settings as before...

3. Venomous21

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    See my thread title was changed. Should I kill these 6 processes and try the rebuild again or reboot and try the rebuild again from whm / cpanel? What do you reccomend?

If apache crashes or I try to restart it, will apache fail since the EA build stalled?

Need advice please. Did this stall for anyone else?

4. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello,

Is the build still running/stalled? I think in this instance it would be best to open a support ticket. You can do so by clicking the link in my signature, once opened please update this thread with the ticket ID.

Thank you,

5. Venomous21

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I submitted the request through WHM, hope this is ok! First time submitting a request to you all...if I need to submit it differently (I did not usethe link in your signature), please, let me know.

Your Support Request ID is: 9495697

Thank you

6. cPanelLauren

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @Venomous21

That's perfect! I checked on your ticket and the processes were hung, the resolution was to kill them off and restart the easyapache update which went through successfully this time. It does appear that apache was disabled in the service manager which was changed as well, prior to the build.

Thank you,

7. Venomous21

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thank you very much for resolving this! Going to update my other servers later tonight...will report if any issues but hopefully smooth sailing!

8. cPanelLauren

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @Venomous21

I'm glad we could help and you're very welcome. I too hope everything goes smooth but do let us know if you run into any other issues!

Thanks!