Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Easyapache 4 - Drop php 5.4 - 5.5 version

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by vacancy, Jun 7, 2018.

1. vacancy

vacancy Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Removal of PHP 5.4 and PHP 5.5 in EasyApache Profiles | cPanel Blog

I read this article on cPanel blog today.

The information given is not descriptive. I have thousands of customers using versions 5.4 and 5.5, and it's a mistake to be forced to get paid software to use these versions.

I also could not figure out what would happen to servers using php 5.4 and 5.5 in the present, it would be a catastrophe to remove 5.4 and 5.5 versions from actively running servers with update.

These versions may not be included in new installations, but system administrators should be able to use these versions, optionally accepting risks.

2. cPanelBenny

cPanelBenny Community Manager, Development, dog scratcher
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hi there! Without any action on your part, nothing will happen. If you are using a non-default EasyApache 4 profile, nothing will change for you. If you are using a default cPanel-provided EasyApache 4 profile and re-deploy that profile, the PHP 5.4 and 5.5 RPMs will not be included in the build. To be clear: We are only removing these from our default cPanel-provided EasyApache 4 profiles.

cPanelMichael and vacancy like this.