Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EasyApache 4 Profile Advice

Discussion in 'Workarounds and Optimization' started by hwcltjn, Mar 19, 2018.

1. hwcltjn

hwcltjn Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello all, I'm installing cPanel (in a test environment) for the first time and was hoping to get some advice on how best to provision/configure Easy Apache 4.

I've been using NGINX for many years and although not new to server management at all, cPanel has a steep learning curve! The server I'm working on at the moment (and hope to take into production) has 2 CPU cores and 4GB of RAM.

My end goal is to create a shared hosting environment that is both flexible and secure to host your typical blogs, CMS's and e-commerce sites. This server won't be crammed full of accounts so I would like the sites to perform well.

I fully understand that not all environments are the same but I'd appreciate your feedback and any insights you might have on the below:

Apache MPM:
    • mod_mpm_itk - enabled
    • mod_mpm_prefork - enabled
    PHP Versions:
    • PHP 5.6
    • PHP 7.0
    • PHP 7.1
    PHP Extensions - various including:
    • ioncube10 for all 3 PHP versions above
    • PHP FPM for all 3 PHP versions above

I've opted to go down the PHP-FPM route.
    Would anyone recommend OpCache?

Would anyone recommend against MPM ITK? It's my understanding that this creates a more secure environment by running processes under a user's own access rights.

I've left my Apache global config fairly default.

Thanks in advance!

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

It does offer added security, but note there are some features it's not compatible with. We document a list of these features, as well as additional information about this module, at:

Apache Module: MPM ITK - EasyApache 4 - cPanel Documentation

I'll leave this thread open for user-feedback from other users regarding the performance recommendations.

Thank you.