Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

EasyApache 4: Unaffected means uninstall

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by AzurelinkCP, Apr 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. AzurelinkCP

AzurelinkCP Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I am needing to install php-CURL on this server using EasyApache 4, but when I select it from the PHP extensions list, doing so causes numerous other installed extensions to change to "Unaffected" status, which appears to be counter intuitive, since provisioning the build ends up uninstalling those extensions instead of not affecting them. Why is this happening and how do I get around it?

Specifically, I am trying to install CURL on my PHP 7.1 version.
    CENTOS 6.9 Virtuozzo
    cPanel v68.0.37

Attached is a screenshot of my EasyApache4 Review screen. Note in particular the list of 7.1 extensions to be uninstalled.

Thanks in advance for any helpful recommendations.

Attached Files:

2. sparek-3

sparek-3 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    What specific steps are you taking to duplicate all of this?

Are you starting a new profile? Are you customizing the current profile? Are you unchecking other options when you go to customize the current profile?

What happens if you simply attempt to install the PHP 7.1 curl library from the command line?

yum install ea-php71-php-curl

3. AzurelinkCP

AzurelinkCP Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hey Sparek -- Thanks for your reply. I am attempting to customize the current profile. Just want to install php-curl. I haven't yet attempted to install it via the command line. Thought I'd wait for some feedback about that weird "unaffected" slider uninstalling things. It that related to unmet dependencies with other extensions?

4. sparek-3

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Unfortunately, I haven't really used the WHM interface for managing EA4 packages. But it would appear to me that there is something wrong with the interface system if you are only selecting to install ea-php71-php-curl.

This is also why I was curious as to what the command-line would show. If the command-line is also showing that it will uninstall packages, then this might be a wider EA4 dependency issue.

5. AzurelinkCP

AzurelinkCP Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I installed php-curl via the command line using the yum command. It now shows up in the php71 extension list. Site error messages no longer display in the dev site's Joomla admin area.

I noted this is in the log:

"Resolving Dependencies
    --> Running transaction check
    ---> Package ea-php71-php-curl.x86_64 0:7.1.16-1.1.5.cpanel will be installed
    --> Finished Dependency Resolution

Dependencies Resolved"

6. sparek-3

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    That's to be expected. cPanel began packaging their own cURL some time ago and built the PHP curl library out of that. So in order to use the PHP curl library for EA4, you have to have the cPanel packaged cURL installed as well. That is the dependency that it is installing here.

This would all seem to indicate that there is an issue within the WHM EA4 managing interface where it's removing some packages when not necessary. Again, this assumes that you are not explicitly unchecking those packages or following a profile that does not have those option explicitly selected.

7. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

The "Review" step of the EasyApache 4 profile provision process is designed to output a list of packages that are going to be installed, upgraded, removed, or not affected. I notice there are several PHP 5.4 packages listed in the "to be uninstalled" portion in the screenshot you provided, including the "php54" package itself. Can you verify that you did not disable PHP 5.4 in the "PHP Versions" section when configuring your EA4 profile?

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. AzurelinkCP

AzurelinkCP Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The items displaying in the list to be uninstalled were not selected by me to be uninstalled. Nor did I disable PHP 5.4 in the versions section, though I think I can safely disable it, later. I think I need to read the EA4 documentation about working with profiles.

9. AzurelinkCP

AzurelinkCP Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Again the question, why does "Unaffected" uninstall extensions?

10. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    That shouldn't happen. Could you open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look at your system?

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. AzurelinkCP

AzurelinkCP Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I submitted a ticket. I'm #65 in the queue. If you guys haven't gotten to me in 36 hours, I'll probably revoke permission. Just to be on the safe side. The server is functioning.

12. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @AzurelinkCP,

I see we have sent a response to the support ticket. I'll monitor the support ticket and update this thread with the outcome once it's closed.

Thank you.