The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EasyApache 4 Update - July 11, 2016

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by cPStacy, Jul 12, 2016.

1. cPStacy

cPStacy Technical Writer
    Staff Member

Jul 23, 2014
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello everyone!

The EasyApache team published updates to the EasyApache 4 repository. EasyApache 4 does not use versioning and organizes changes by date only.

• ea-apache2 - GitHub - CpanelInc/ea-apache2
      • 2.4.20-5 - ZC-2024: Break mod_info out of ea_apache24 into its own RPM
    • ea-apache24-config - GitHub - CpanelInc/ea-apache2-config
      • 1.0-60 - ZC-2014: Make sure modsec conf is initialized via universal hook
      • 1.0-61 - ZC-2013: Added universal hook to fix mailing list permissions
      • 1.0-62 - EA-4789: Rollback new modsec conf locations until WHM can support it.
    • scl-zendguard - GitHub - CpanelInc/scl-zendguard
      • 3.3-5 - SWAT-28: Obsolete opcache instead of conflicting with it

EASYAPACHE 4 CHANGE LOG: EasyApache 4 Change Log - EasyApache 4 - cPanel Documentation
  2. kdean

kdean Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This update caused my PHP-FPM for 5.5 to not restart and messed up my opcache settings for 5.5 and 5.6. 7.0 appears to have been left alone.

In these folders...

...the update renamed the opcache.ini files to opcache.inirpmsave. This was probably done because a zendguard.ini file was added that conflicted with the loading of the extension in the opcache.ini... however disabling the opcache.ini also disabled all the custom settings for my opcache in 5.5 and 5.6.

So I commented out the loading of the extension and renamed the file back to opcache.ini and things appear normal again.

Is there a different place we should set opcache settings then the opcache.ini file now?

Is it no longer safe to edit these files with risk of them being disabled or replaced?

Seems more and more cPanel is using updates that replace ini and cf files that should be user editable and relied on not to change unexpectedly. (for example spamassassins's for custom local changes, yet cpanel wipes it out on occassion).
  3. cPJacob

cPJacob cPanel Product Owner
    Staff Member

May 2, 2014
    cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider

If you were going to adjust those settings, I would make those changes in the local.ini file, and not in the opcache.ini files as they will be overwritten by updates / installs.

I hope this helps!