Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EasyApache 4 Updates

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by likudio, May 3, 2016.

1. likudio

likudio Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,
    1. is there a way that we can be announced when a new build of EasyApache comes on?

I ask because I was surprised to see that the PHP versions I had on the server have been replaced (as it writes here as well), and rewrote the .ini files I had deleted before in php.d directories, throwing errors b/c some conflicts I had with my current .ini files (where I already had the contents of all those .ini files).

2. Or, is there a way to disable automatic updating and only update on request?
    Thanks,

Regards,
    A.

#1 likudio, May 3, 2016
    Last edited: May 3, 2016
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Updates with EasyApache 4 are handled by your system package manager (YUM). You can disable automatic updates for system packages per the instructions in the following document:

Update Preferences - Documentation - cPanel Documentation

Could you elaborate on how you modified the PHP configuration, and which version of PHP was automatically updated?

Thank you.

3. JacobPerkins

JacobPerkins cPanel Product Owner

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Morning A!

1. Sure, there's mailing lists you can sign up for to watch for new package updates, but the easiest way is to monitor the changelog: EasyApache 4 Change Log - EasyApache 4 - cPanel Documentation

2. You can disable Yum from updating, but I would not recommend it. What .ini files specifically did it overwrite? RPMs don't currently own php.ini's, but they *do* own .ini files in php.d directories.