likudio

Jan 11, 2015
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,
1. is there a way that we can be announced when a new build of EasyApache comes on?

I ask because I was surprised to see that the PHP versions I had on the server have been replaced (as it writes here as well), and rewrote the .ini files I had deleted before in php.d directories, throwing errors b/c some conflicts I had with my current .ini files (where I already had the contents of all those .ini files).

2. Or, is there a way to disable automatic updating and only update on request?
Thanks,

Regards,
A.

Last edited:

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

Updates with EasyApache 4 are handled by your system package manager (YUM). You can disable automatic updates for system packages per the instructions in the following document:

Update Preferences - Documentation - cPanel Documentation

I ask because I was surprised to see that the PHP versions I had on the server have been replaced (as it writes here as well), and rewrote the .ini files I had deleted before in php.d directories, throwing errors b/c some conflicts I had with my current .ini files (where I already had the contents of all those .ini files).
Could you elaborate on how you modified the PHP configuration, and which version of PHP was automatically updated?

Thank you.

JacobPerkins

May 2, 2014
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Hi,
1. is there a way that we can be announced when a new build of EasyApache comes on?

2. Or, is there a way to disable automatic updating and only update on request?
Thanks,

Regards,
A.
Morning A!

1. Sure, there's mailing lists you can sign up for to watch for new package updates, but the easiest way is to monitor the changelog: EasyApache 4 Change Log - EasyApache 4 - cPanel Documentation

2. You can disable Yum from updating, but I would not recommend it. What .ini files specifically did it overwrite? RPMs don't currently own php.ini's, but they *do* own .ini files in php.d directories.